Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch).
You can have Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch)
- It’s 1 of chicken (remove giblets, rinse).
- You need 5 of celery stocks.
- You need 5 of carrot sticks.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 batch of noodles (See recipe).
Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) step by step
- Place the chicken in a stock pot. Cover with water. (Water should be about an inch above the chicken).
- Cut the vegetables up. At aside..
- Simmer the chicken (at least 1.5 hours). Remove the foam as it develops..
- After at least 1.5 hours: Add the vegetables. Continue to simmer for about 30 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the stove. Remove all ingredients. Strain the broth..
- Prep the ingredients for the soup: cut vegetables, remove meat from the bones, discard the chicken skin, and prep the noodles (See my recipe)..
- Place broth, chicken, and the vegetables back into the stock pot. Add spices. Turn heat on high (to boil)..
- Add the noodles and cook till desired..
- Serve and enjoy..