Chilli Con Carne.
You can have Chilli Con Carne using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne
- It’s 500 g of Lean Beef Mince.
- It’s 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Capsicum *cut to small pieces.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Hot Chilli Powder OR Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Paprika.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Coriander Seeds.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Beef Stock *OR 1 cup Water & 1 Beef Stock Cube.
- You need 400 g of Canned Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 410 g of Canned Kidney Beans.
Chilli Con Carne instructions
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Onion, Garlic and Capsicum for a few minutes, add Beef Mince and cook until Beef changes colour..
- Add all Spices and Flour and mix to combine. *Note: Flour is to thicken the sauce. You can add Tomato Paste instead of Flour..
- Add Beef Stock and Tomatoes, and stir well. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Drain the canned Kidney beans and add to the pan. Stir to combine and season with Salt but the amount of Salt depends on the saltiness of the stock and beans. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally as it is easy to get burnt..
- Serve with freshly cooked rice..