Chilli Con Carne.
You can cook Chilli Con Carne using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne
- You need 500 grams of minced (ground) beef.
- It’s 1 of large red onion, finely chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 of whole red chilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp. of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar or sweetener.
- Prepare 1 tin of red kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper roughly chopped.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of marmite or beef bouillon.
- You need of x 2 stock cubes in 300 ml of hot water.
- You need 100 gram of dark high coco solid chocolate (optional).
- It’s of Fresh Coriander and handful roughly chopped.
- You need 160 gram of plain or pilau rice.
- Prepare 1 of juice of a lime.
- You need of Large sprinkling of Salt and Pepper.
Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Using a large frying pan or pan, place on a high heat, add the beef and break it up stirring it well so that it browns. Next add the spices and chilli place into the minced beef, give it a stir so that the heat releases the flavours. Throw the onion, garlic and stir well..
- Once the onions have softened, add the tomatoes, hot beef stock, marmite, red pepper and kidney beans..
- Leave to simmer for 30 – 40 minutes or even longer if you have time. Boil the rice as per packet instructions. Once it has thickened at the chocolate and mix in well. Roughly chop the coriander to add to the rice and to garnish. Squeeze lime onto the rice to serve. Its now ready to serve. Enjoy !.