Best Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker.
You can have Best Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker
- It’s 2-3 lb of frozen Boston pork roast.
- Prepare of Spice Rub.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
Best Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker instructions
- For this slow cooked pulled pork I started with a frozen Boston butt pork roast (2-3 lbs.) Set your slow cooker on high. Place frozen roast in slow cooker and pour about ½ cup low sodium chicken broth over the roast. You want just enough to cover the bottom of your pot. Pouring the liquid on the meat will allow the rub to stick to it easier since it’s frozen. Next generously rub the top of the roast with spice rub. You can find special blend here https://kimberlyscooking.com/recipes.
- Cover and let cook on high for exactly 2 hours. Do not remove the lid. After 2 hours turn on low and continue to cook for 6 more hours. Do not remove lid if possible. Check to make sure the liquid is not risen over the meat. I had to remove some of my liquid. The liquid should not be more than half way up the meat when cooking. You want a good crust to form on top and if the there’s too much liquid you will not get that. If you remove the lid too many times it might prolong the cooking time..
- After cooking 6 hours on low remove meat from slow cooker and place on a sheet pan to shred. Reserve some cooking liquid (about ¼ cup) and discard the rest. Place shredded meat back in slow cooker and stir with reserved cooking liquid. Cover and keep warm until ready to use..
- I like to serve it up as a sandwich with a soft bun, my homemade coleslaw, and homemade sauce. All these can be found on my website. https://kimberlyscooking.com/recipes.