Potato doughnut. The potato doughnut, sometimes called a Spudnut, is a doughnut, typically sweet, made with either mashed potatoes or potato starch instead of flour, the most common ingredient used for doughnut. As a special treat in winter, my parents would make a double batch of these doughnuts to welcome us six kids home from school. Made using mashed potatoes as one of the ingredients to create a soft textured doughnut.
Potato doughnuts can be shaped, filled, and frosted like any other type of doughnut. They are reputed to be of a lighter and fluffier texture than the typical wheat flour doughnut, but they have a. Berry Gordy Jr. wrote that he could "dance the mash-potato" but he probably never used mashed potatoes to make cake doughnuts. You can cook Potato doughnut using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato doughnut
- It’s 500 gr of high protein flour.
- You need 100 gr of caster sugar.
- You need 11 gr of yeast (make sure it's active).
- Prepare 200 gr of boiled potato (mashed).
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 100 ml of cold milk.
- You need 50 ml of condensed milk.
- It’s 75 gr of salted butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Let doughnuts sit for about ten minutes before frying so the exterior will have a chance to dry slightly and absorb less oil. The dough is sticky by nature so the surface won't feel dry to touch but a few. These sweet potato doughnuts are made completely from scratch – it's the perfect way to sneak some sweet potatoes into your One of my favorite memories of growing up was Saturday Doughnuts. Add the potato flakes and stir until combined and thickened.
Potato doughnut instructions
- Boil your potato and mash it..
- Mix together flour, sugar, yeast, egg yolks, and mashed potato, you can use hand mixer (use the hook paddle for bread) to do this or simply just use your clean bare hand to knead it. Add the mixture of milk and condensed milk little by little into the dough until all poured in..
- Knead the dough until half kneaded and then add the salted butter and salt. Continue to knead the dough until it fully kneaded. How to make sure that the dough is fully kneaded? You could see the dough become all united and looked smoother at the surface..
- Measure the dough about 50 gr each. Round the dough one by one, and put in on a baking paper that already dusted by a flour. Let the dough rest about 20 minutes and covered by napkins on top..
- After 20 minutes, check the dough, the size become 2x bigger than before. Press each dough with small preasure, just to make it flatten a bit, and cut the middle with bottle cap or something round to make it look like a ring. Continue rest the dough for another 15 minutes..
- After done waiting, the dough is ready to be fried. Make sure you use a deep fry method which mean you use a lot of oil to fry the doughnut. Make sure it floats and not touching the bottom of your pan, otherwise the surface will look a bit burnt. Fry it until golden brown. Wait until the doughnut is cooling down..
- You could whisk the salted butter with a teaspoon of condensed milk until not firm anymore or has a smooth texture and dip your doughnut half in it, and continue to dip it again in chocolate sprinkles. Or you could simply just dust it with some icing sugar or even cinnamon icing sugar. Kids are gonna love it!.
Potato Doughnuts is a delicious mouth watering dish. An easy to prepare doughnut recipe wont let you forget its taste forever. So, give it a try and squander its taste! The potato doughnut, sometimes called a Spudnut, is a doughnut, typically sweet, made with Potato doughnuts tend to be lighter than flour doughnuts, and are prepared in a similar method to. These mashed potato doughnuts are an old fashioned favorite made with mashed potatoes, flour, baking powder, eggs, sugar, milk, and deep-fried in oil.