Autumn-Coloured Macarons Chestnut & Chocolate.
You can have Autumn-Coloured Macarons Chestnut & Chocolate using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Autumn-Coloured Macarons Chestnut & Chocolate
- You need 2 of Egg white.
- You need 30 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 90 grams of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 30 grams of Cocoa (pure cocoa).
- It’s 75 grams of Roast almond flour.
- It’s of [Chocolate cream].
- Prepare 50 grams of Chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids).
- You need 3 tbsp of Heavy cream.
- It’s of [Chestnut cream].
- Prepare 100 grams of Simmered chestnuts.
- You need 4 tbsp of Cream.
Autumn-Coloured Macarons Chestnut & Chocolate step by step
- Combine the powdered sugar, cocoa and almond flour and sift twice..
- Whip the egg whites with a hand mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the granulated sugar in 3 batches after the mixture first starts to stiffen up. Add the last batch just before you get stiff peaks..
- Fold the powder ingredients from Step 1 into the meringue in large, careful motions to keep the air in. Fold until the mixture becomes glossy..
- Pipe the macaron batter out into 4 cm diameter circles and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes at room temperature..
- Bake the macarons for 5 minutes at 160°C. Then turn the temperature down to 120°C and bake for a further 5 minutes..
- [Chocolate cream] Mix together the tempered chocolate and cream. The macaron shells are quite sweet so I recommend using a relatively bitter chocolate with a higher percentage of cocoa solids..
- Fill half of the macarons with the chocolate cream..
- [Chestnut cream] Mix the cooled simmered chestnuts with the cream..
- Use the chestnut cream to fill the remaining macarons..
- Here's a cross-section..