Cherry Tomato & Basil Angel Hair Pasta.
You can cook Cherry Tomato & Basil Angel Hair Pasta using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Tomato & Basil Angel Hair Pasta
- Prepare 20 of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 4 tbsps of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt Pepper and.
- You need 1 packet of Angel Hair pasta.
- It’s 10 of basil leaves.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese Grated.
Cherry Tomato & Basil Angel Hair Pasta step by step
- We being by roasting the tomatoes in a 200C preheated oven. Wash the tomatoes and place on a baking tray along with the smashed garlic cloves. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper..
- Roast until the tomatoes are soft and sort of burst open. This takes about 20 mins, but keep checking every 5-7mins. You dont want to 'dry' out the tomatoes..
- When the tomatoes were in the oven, I boiled a pot of water and cooked the angel hair pasta until it was al dente. You can cook the pasta based on your preference (i.e al dente or fully cooked through)..
- Before I drained the pasta I added the fresh basil leaves. The water becomes so deliciously fragrant!!!!.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of this basil water and then drain the pasta and basil..
- Now it's time to assemble this dish: Return the pasta along with the basil to the pot. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the roasted tomato and garlic from the oven. Season with salt and pepper again if needed. Use the reserved basil water to loosen up the pasta. You might not need it all, I used some to help the pasta not go all dry..
- Give it a good gentle toss, and transfer to a serving dish..
- To finish up, I garnished it with fresh basil leaves, squeezed 1/2 lemon over the pasta and grated some Parmesan cheese..