Beefed up Chilli Con Carne, with fresh chillies. Keywords: Chili, Chilli Con Carne, Pulled Beef Chili, Shredded Beef Chilli Con Carne, Slow Cooker Chili. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Dozer on the job – cleaning up after filming the video.
It has loads of flavour even though it uses mostly store cupboard ingredients. You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies or adding a pinch of dried chilli flakes. This is a British chilli con carne, and it's just as good. You can have Beefed up Chilli Con Carne, with fresh chillies using 12 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beefed up Chilli Con Carne, with fresh chillies
- It’s 1 Kilogram of Best beef steak mince.
- It’s 4 of Onions (medium).
- You need 1 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 3 Sticks of celery.
- It’s 1 of Scotch bonnet chilli.
- You need 6 of Green chillies.
- You need 4 Cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of X 400 grams cans chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of X 400 grams cans red kidney beans.
- You need 5 of Beef stock cubes.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Basmati rice.
The key thing to a good chilli con carne, is a lot of little steps done well. By that I mean, you take some care with it. I also realise that we spell 'chilli' differently to you folks in the US who spell it 'chili' and that is fine of course, but I thought i'd mention it. The surprise ingredient in this triple-tested chilli con carne recipe is coffee, which helps to tenderise large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped.
Beefed up Chilli Con Carne, with fresh chillies step by step
- Peel, slice and finely chop the onion..
- Finely slice and chop the green pepper..
- Wash and then finely slice the celery length wise..
- Slice the lengths of celery into very thin pieces..
- Tip, freeze your fresh chillies straight after purchase to keep fresh and to prepare more easily..
- Holding the frozen chillies by the stalk snip with scissors very finely keeping all the seeds..
- Choose nice plump garlic Cloves..
- Slice and using a knife finely chop the Cloves of garlic..
- Drain the kidney beans and put to one side..
- Open the chopped tomatoes and put to one side..
- In a large heavy based pan, gently brown off the mince in its own fat.
- Once browned, you will need to drain the fat off, making this dish nice and healthy. Put the mince to one side..
- Clean the pan and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Turn on the heat and add chopped onion..
- Add chopped pepper..
- Add chopped celery..
- Saute with the lid on untill vegetables are a little softer..
- Now add the drained kidney beans..
- Add browned mince..
- Add chillies and garlic..
- Stir through thoroughly then add the chopped tomatoes..
- Stir then add the five crumbled beef stock cubes. (Salt and pepper are not needed in this recipe because of the richness of all the ingredients, celery and the stock cubes)..
- Stir through really well..
- Keep heat low, place lid over chilli and simmer gently for about 90 minutes..
- Every 20 minutes or so check, stir, turn heat down to very low and replace lid..
- When chilli ready, turn heat off but keep covered. Tip, a chillies flavour will improve over time, so can be made the day before and then stored once cool in the fridge..
- Tip, always make the rice fresh for your chilli when needed..
- Take 2 cups of washed basmati rice and place in a large heavy based saucepan together with 2 level teaspoons of salt and 4 cups of cold water. Bring to boil, turn heat down to absolute minimum, put lid on and time for 15 minutes. Do Not during this time, open, stir or turn heat up. You should have perfect rice enough for 8 Servings..
- Place rice around dish and ladle a generous portion of beautiful chilli in the centre. Serve with a well-deserved glass of red wine and Enjoy!.
A steaming bowl of smoky chilli con carne is hard to beat. Take a look at our delicious chilli recipe, & find lots more family meals, at Tesco Real Food. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and brown mince with the onion. It is called 'Easy Chilli Con Carne' and it couldn't be more accurate! I topped ours with fresh chopped parsley and tomato and homemade guacamole.