Glazed lemon cake. I used this glaze on AR's "Lemon Gold Cake" and they were very very good together. This recipe for easy lemon glaze is made with only three ingredients—confectioners' sugar, milk, and fresh lemon juice or lemon extract. Brush or drizzle the lemon glaze on a warm or cooled cake.
Glazed Lemon Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home. A lovely, simple Glazed Lemon Cake – perfect tea time treat. You'll love the bright lemon flavour, that it's so beautifully moist and only requires one bowl and a whisk! You can have Glazed lemon cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Glazed lemon cake
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of greek yoghurt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Lemon Glaze for Glazed Lemon Pound Cake. Use this lemon glaze with our Glazed Lemon Pound Cake. Cook's Notes for Glazed Lemon Pound Cake Loaf. When it comes to baking loaves like this one, there is really just one secret to success.
Glazed lemon cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 162 degrees celsius. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder..
- Beat the sugar with the softened butter until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice..
- Combine the flour mixture and greek yoghurt into the wet ingredients, alternating between the two..
- Line a greased 8×4 inch loaf pan with a baking sheet, or greased aluminum foil. Spoon the batter into the pan and smooth the top..
- Bake at 162 degrees celsius for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- If the top of the cake browns before the inside is cooked, cover the top tightly with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, checking in between..
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes. Slide a butter knife around the edges, and lift it out of the pan using the foil or baking sheet. Place it on a wire rack to cool..
- Make the glaze: Sift half a cup of icing sugar into a bowl, and mix in 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pour the glaze over the cake while it's still warm..
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing..
Follow the instructions 🙂 Take it from someone who has (in the. These delicious lemon bars are the perfect cross between a thin and moist lemon cake and brownies. Sweet, simple, luscious glazed lemon poppy seed bundt cake to bring sunshine to even the coldest of days. When it comes to lemon desserts, what I run into often is finding the right balance between tart. A light and delicious lemon raspberry bundt cake topped with a creamy vanilla glaze drizzled on top.