sweet potato doughnut fritters. The potato doughnut, sometimes called a Spudnut, is a doughnut, typically sweet, made with either mashed potatoes or potato starch instead of flour, the most common ingredient used for doughnut dough. In fact, technically we're still in winter, and yet the temperatures in sunny Brisbane are already soaring. In our Food Love Story Marc makes sweet potato fritters to share with his health-conscious Dad.
Add to a bowl with the. I had leftover sweet potatoes and had to think up a new way to use them. We love spice, so I flavored these fun fritters with harissa, just enough for flavor but not too spicy. You can cook sweet potato doughnut fritters using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of sweet potato doughnut fritters
- Prepare 1/2 kg of sweet potato peeled, boiled and mashed.
- Prepare 1 of water for boiling the sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of oil to fry.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt add to water for boiling potatoes.
- Prepare of sugar coating.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
If you want more heat, you can always adjust the spice to please your taste buds. These sweet potato doughnuts are made completely from scratch – it's the perfect way to sneak some sweet potatoes into your favorite sweet breakfast! We could choose between glazed, chocolate raised, cake, bismarck (blueberry or raspberry), apple fritter, and just about anything else that we. These fritters came to fruition because I had one sweet potato, which I had intended to make soup with, but realized it wasn't quite enough for soup.
sweet potato doughnut fritters instructions
- peel, cut and boil sweet potatoes in salted water until cooked. then mash the sweet potatoes.
- add the flour to the potatoes..
- take a small ball in your palm and roll to about 3 inches long and mould it into a doughnut shape by joining the ends. do this for the remainder of the flour..
- fry the doughnuts.
- sugar coating: in a different wok, boil sugar and water until it becomes a thick syrup. then put in all the doughnuts and mix well until sugar dries and forms a white sugar coating over the donuts..
- dish up and enjoy. this will be very filling compared to your usual donuts…
Then I noticed a few small zucchinis that were crying out from the depths of the produce drawer and begging to be used before they turned into limp and. Meanwhile, combine club soda and fish sauce in a large measuring glass. Add cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Place half of sweet potato and carrot. Sweet Potato Fritters are the perfect gluten-free and The Myers Way® approved food.