Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe.
You can cook Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe
- You need 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need of Teriyaki Sauce :.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Optional Garnishes :.
- You need of ·sesame seeds.
- It’s of ·scallions.
Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the teriyaki ingredients until all are blended well. Set aside..
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken to the skillet and season with the salt and pepper. This is also a good time to start whatever side items you'd like to serve with this dish (rice, steamed veggies, etc….).
- Cook the chicken, stirring around often, until chicken is cooked all the way through. Cook time varies depending on how big your pieces of chicken are, but it should cook relatively quickly..
- Once chicken is cooked through, pour the teriyaki sauce into the skillet and stir to cover all the chicken with the sauce..
- Bring sauce to a simmer for just a minute or two (it will thicken quickly). Once it reaches a thick, syrup-like consistency, remove skillet from heat..
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds and scallions if you'd like. I usually make jasmine rice and steamed broccoli to go with it, but serve with whatever sounds good to you!.