Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce. This Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce is what dreams are made of. My secret ingredient for homemade barbecue sauce is a touch of smoked paprika. It adds just enough of that earthy, smoky flavor without overwhelming the sweetness of the sauce.
We love our Sweet & Smoky BBQ sauce because it's so simple to make and is a great sauce for so many dishes! For this recipe all you need to do is add all of your ingredients to a pot and simmer away! Usually barbecue sauces you buy at the store are laden with hard-to-pronounce ingredients and so. You can have Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 2 cup of all natural ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider (not the vinegar).
- You need 2 tbsp of applewood liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 small of pinch cayenne pepper (add a little more if you like a little heat with your sweet).
And you can even adjust it to make it more or less so—if you like a sauce that's sweeter, or spicier. You might remember when I shared a recipe for a Basic Homemade BBQ Sauce—with only three ingredients!—and that's still my go-to when I'm short on ingredients and time. BBQ Lentils – healthy protein packed lentils in a unique sweet and smoky tomato-free sauce. If you like BBQ sauce, you are going to love this recipe!
Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. If you have any clumps of brown sugar smash them with the back of your spoon against the sides of the sauce pan..
- Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 20 minutes uncovered to reduce and thicken, again stirring occasionally..
- Turn off heat and set pan aside to allow sauce to cool completely, it will get even thicker as it cools. Transfer to an air tight container and store in your fridge. Use on all your favorite bbq, but this sauce was created specifically for my pulled pork recipe. Yum! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368062-apple-cider-smoked-pork.
A delicious sweet smoke BBQ sauce with character, that will blow your bbq socks off. Take your barbecue pork to the next level. The name pretty much says it all. Hints of pineapple, ancho chili pepper, and garlic all partner with natural savory smokiness to give. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room.