You can have Vegetarian Breakfast using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Breakfast
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 2 of small avocados.
- You need 2 of small potatoes (with or without skin).
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- It’s 3 of bella mushrooms.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need of Green onion (garnish).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Oregano.
- You need of Cumin.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- It’s of Your favorite coffee.
- Prepare of No technology.
Vegetarian Breakfast step by step
- Slowly heat up a cast iron pan to medium low. In the meantime, mix eggs in a bowl and set side. Dice veggies to your liking. Small potato cubes (< 1/2") are easiest to brown on a pan and what I prefer..
- Add oil to heated cast iron and cook eggs to your liking. I like medium low for a cast iron for scrambled eggs because it doesn't burn the eggs and it's easier to get fluffy scrambled eggs. I learned from a friend who is a chef at a breakfast restaurant that adding a small amount of milk helps you get fluffier scrambled eggs. Season to taste, I love oregano on my eggs. Set eggs aside..
- Bring up heat to medium high and add oil. Add potatoes and cook all around. When the potatoes are brown ~70% of the way around add butter, garlic, onions and mushrooms. Season to taste. Stir constantly. I typically cook until the garlic gets on the darker end because it adds a bit of crunchy garlic texture in each bite that I like, but it's always up to you. Place on plate next to eggs..
- Slice the avocados and place next to everything..
- Garnish if desired and serve immediately. Enjoyed best next to an open window with a morning breeze, no technology, and a cup of coffee..