You can have California Roll using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Roll
- It’s 3 stick of crab, quartered length wise.
- Prepare 1/4 of cucumber, peeled, quartered length wise.
- You need 1/2 of mango, peeled, cut into 12 sticks.
- It’s 1 of avocado, peeled, cut into 8 slices.
- Prepare 3 of sheets of nori (seaweed).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, toasted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds, toasted.
- Prepare of Rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of sushi rice, rinsed thoroughly.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Tezu.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of rice wine vinegar.
California Roll step by step
- Bring rice and water to a boil uncovered. Then lower heat and cover and cook for 15 minutes. Then remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes..
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Place rice in a mixing bowl and pour vinegar mixture over rice. Mix well so that all the rice gets mixed. Then let rice cool before rolling sushi..
- Mix tezu ingredients together in small bowl..
- On sushi roller, place sheet of nori shiny side down. Place about a cup of rice on nori. Dip fingers in tezu mixture so rice does not stick to fingers. Using fingers, spread rice to all four corners..
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on rice..
- Flip nori around. Lay crab, mango, cucumber and avocado lengthwise in the front of nori. Then roll..
- Cut roll into 8 pieces..
- Repeat to make two more rolls..