Chili con carne. At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits The Spanish phrase "chili con carne" means chili with meat, but both chili and chili. You call it Chili, we call it Chilli Con Carne.
Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to "Chili with Meat", and as generic as that sounds, it is filled with fantastic flavor. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños, tomatoes, and lime juice. You can cook Chili con carne using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili con carne
- Prepare 400 kg of mince.
- It’s 1/2 small of chopped onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 small of red chilli.
- It’s 1/4 of green pepper.
- It’s 1/2 of red pepper.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans.
- It’s 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of beef oxo.
Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This delicious recipe is great served with rice or on its own for a lighter lunch. Best Chili Recipe for Slow Cooker – How to Make Chili Con Carne – Video Recipes for Truckers. This easy chilli con carne recipe has loads of flavour but uses mainly store cupboard ingredients.
Chili con carne step by step
- Put oil in a large pan (ideally frying pan with lid) and heat oil.
- When oil is hot add mince to start to brown.
- When half way browned – add onion and chilli.
- When mince browned add garlic.
- Drain kidney beans and add to pan, mix in and leave to fry for a minute.
- Add chopped pepper to pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Stir and add beef oxo.
- Put on lid and leave to simmer on high heat – stirring as necessary until cooked.
- Serve! Add rice or jacket potato as preferred (allow extra cooking time for these).
Serve with rice, on jacket potatoes or nachos. Basic Chili Con Carne With Beef and Beans. Click Play to See This Chili con Carne Recipe Come Together. This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. One bite and you'll see why it's Betty's Best!