Chilli con carne. Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef). Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This meatless (aka vegan) The lentils and beans ensure the chili is hearty and filling, while the peppers, onion and corn give it that real chili con carne feel.
You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies. At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get. —Janie Turner, Tuttle, Oklahoma. You can have Chilli con carne using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli con carne
- It’s 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of beef stock.
- You need 1 of heap tbsp Mexican chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of hot paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1-28 oz of can whole tomatoes.
- You need 1-15 oz of can kidney beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1-12 oz of can sweet corn.
- It’s 1 tbsp of molasses.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
This Chilli Con Carne is a Classic. This belly warming dish of meaty, spicy joy is a regular on our dinner table. Chilli con Carne has to be one of my favourite dishes as its sooo tasty, cheap, healthy and Chilli con Carne recipes from the beginning! The name "chili con carne" is a variation of the Spanish chile.
Chilli con carne instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the beef and fry for 10 – 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked and browned. Add the onion and continue cooking another 10 minutes until the onions start to caramelize and the meat starts to crisp..
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the pot and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and let simmer until the stock's absorbed and the meat mixture is mostly dry again..
- Stir the spices into the pot. Give them a minute to warm through, then add the tomatoes. Crush them in your hand as you drop them into the pot, and be sure to add the tomato liquid from the can as well. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the beans, corn and molasses. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chilli is no longer watery. Stir in the maple syrup and add extra salt as needed to finish..
how to make chili con carne. Chilli con carne – traditional mexican dish – stavros' kitchen. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños Chili Con Carne Recipe. What diets is this Chilli Con Carne suitable for? This recipe is suitable if you're gluten free as long How do I reheat Chilli Con Carne?