You can have Carrot Cake using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 3 cups of shredded carrots.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecan + 1/2 cup for garnishing.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of For Frosting.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl break n whisk eggs, sugar oil and vanilla..
- Then stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, baking powder, nutmeg. Then fold in shredded carrots and pecans.
- Grease and flour 9 inch baking pan.(I used 2 round ones).
- Add the batter to the baking pan and place in the oven to bake for 40 to 50 mins. When finish baking put to cool for abt 1hr.
- For frosting: In a bowl add powdered(confectionery) sugar, vanilla, soft cream cheese and butter and mix until creamed..
- Once cake is cool remove from baking pan and place on a cake rack. Spread frosting to the top and then topped with pecans. (Nb because I made 2 cakes I shave the top of one of the cake to be flat enough then I spread frosting then I place the second cake on top then spread frosting again n all over the cakes). Hope you enjoy!!!.