White Chocolate Sponge Cake.
You can cook White Chocolate Sponge Cake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Prepare 400 g of white chocolate, chopped.
- It’s 300 g of unsalted butter, cut into 1cm pieces.
- You need 300 ml of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups (330 g) of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten.
- It’s 3 cups (450 g) of plain flour.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of For the icing.
- Prepare 250 g of butter softened.
- You need 3 cups of icing sugar.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of milk.
White Chocolate Sponge Cake instructions
- 1 Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line two 20cm round cake pans. Note: this recipe makes 2 cakes.
- 2 Place chocolate, butter and milk in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool completely..
- 3 Add the sugar, vanilla and eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined. Sift in the flour and baking powder, then stir until just combined. Divide mixture evenly between cake pans and tap pans gently on a flat surface to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool the cakes in pans for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely..
- To assemble place cakes on top of one an other then, then beat the butter in a bowl with electric mixer until it's as white as possible. Then gradually beat in icing sugar and milk. It's best to ice the cake frozen so it doesn't crumble, if u want out jam in the middle..