DANNY DEES PULLED PORK BBQ. A little out of the way, but worth every step traveled to get there. I've had plenty of pig in my life and this place NAILED IT! Even better than mine, and that's saying something when a BBQ'r can concede defeat!
Check him out on my stall at Grillstock showing you how we roll at DJ BBQ! This was my first time making pulled pork and I won't ever bother looking for a different recipe. This is one of those wonderful recipes that you don't forget. You can cook DANNY DEES PULLED PORK BBQ using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of DANNY DEES PULLED PORK BBQ
- It’s of dry rub.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground chipotle.
- You need 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of louisiana hot sauce.
- Prepare 6 lb of pork butt roast.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of fresh crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Our next door neighbor is a smokehouse bbq restaurant whose bbq is some of the best in the state and we liked this pulled pork better than his! Place rub on liberally on all sides of the butt – It will not penetrate the fat cap side. Oven Baked Pulled Pork with Apple Cider. Pork shoulder is rubbed with a dry spice mix, cooked until tender, then tossed in BBQ sauce.
DANNY DEES PULLED PORK BBQ instructions
- preheat oven to 325°F.
- combine rub ingredients.
- take your pork roast and hand rub all the rub ingredients onto pork.
- place onion and garlic underneath roast.
- put in oven for 4 hours.
- when done the pork should have a slightly crispy outside.
- add bbq sauce to a saucepan.
- add half of the roast grease from oven to saucepan.
- add apple cider vinager.
- add hot sauce.
- pull pork apart with fork until stringy.
- add pork to saucepan.
- stir pork in with sauce.
- cover and let simmer for one hour.
- Use any bun but i prefer onion buns similar to arbys you can get them from most grocery store bakerys.
Add some homemade cole slaw and a bun, and you have a hearty and delicious meal! I try to eat seasonally when I can, but sometimes I can't help but crave a summery pulled pork sandwich with crisp cole slaw in. Tyler Florence's Pulled Pork Barbecue recipe from Food Network starts with a flavorful dry rub that includes paprika, brown sugar and mustard powder. To serve, spoon the pulled pork mixture onto the bottom half of each hamburger bun, and top with some slaw. This easy pulled-pork recipe cooked in the oven makes the BEST pulled-pork sandwiches.