Doughnut cupcakes. Easy Mini Baked Donuts Hack by Cupcake Savvy's Kitchen. Simple but pretty yellow cupcakes are filled with raspberry jam and sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. They taste and look just like jelly-filled doughnuts.
Roll warm cupcakes in sugar mixture until completely coated. These Mini Doughnut Cupcakes taste just like mini doughnuts, without all the effort. Jam Doughnut Cupcakes – Deliciously moist and fluffy vanilla-infused cupcakes filled with strawberry jam, and topped with a cinnamon-spiced buttercream frosting, and homemade doughnuts! You can have Doughnut cupcakes using 26 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Doughnut cupcakes
- It’s of For the sponge.
- Prepare 70 grams of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 210 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 250 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 210 ml of whole milk.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- It’s 100 grams of strawberry jam (or any jam you like!).
- You need of Cinnamon sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 50 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s of Doughnuts.
- Prepare 250 grams of plain flour (and extra for dusting).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 35 grams of cold unsalted butter.
- It’s 35 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 125 ml of whole mill.
- Prepare 1 liter of cooking oil.
- You need of Frosting.
- You need 330 grams of icing sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 100 grams of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 30 ml of whole milk.
Remove cupcakes from pans; roll in sugar mixture until completely coated. Serve warm or at room temperature. These Cake Doughnuts have a crisp crust yet are soft and cake-like inside. Cake Doughnuts are fun to make and it never ceases to amaze me how good they taste straight from the deep fryer.
Doughnut cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 170ºC (325ºF) and line muffin tins with muffin cases.
- In a bowl mix the butter, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. I used an electric hand whisk but you can use whatever you find easy. Mix until it forms a crumb type consistency.
- In a seperate bowl mix the milk and eggs.
- Pour in half the egg-milk mix into the batter and mix on slow speed until the batter is combined. increase the speed to medium and pour in the remaining egg-milk mixture until the batter is mixed properly.
- Now spoon the batter into the muffin cases. I used smal muffin cases not the larger cupcake cases. The smaller ones are a better portion size for kids. Fill the casees half to two- thirds full..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and leave to cool.
- To make the cinnamon sugar mix the cinnamon and sugar and set aside!.
- The doughnut mixture makes plenty of doughnuts with some left over even after decorating the cupcakes (over 30/40 mini doughnuts) so you can decrease the recipe if you want. But I found that kids actually loved the mini doughnuts on their own too. For the doughnuts sift the flour, salt and baking powder. Then add the butter and mux with your hands to form a rough crumb like mixture. Add the sugar and mix.
- In a seperate bowl mix the egg and milk together. pour this into he crumb mixture and mix well until a dough is formed.
- From the dough make tiny doughnut balls about an inch big and place them in a tray or plate before cooking.
- Heat the oil upto 150-160ºC (275-320ºF) and place the doighnut balls in. Dont put too many in at once like I did!! Fry them until theyre golden brown and then drain them until theyre cool.
- Once the doughnuts are cooled down roll them in the cinnamon sugar until theyre coated evenly.
- For the frosting mix the icing sugar, cinnomon and butter togetger on a low speed until there are no lumps. Gradually add the milk and mix on slow speed and when the milk is mixed in increase the speed to high and mix until the frosting is fluffy.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled use a knife to make a well in the cupcakes ( about 2 deep and 3cm wide). spoon 1 teaspoon on jam into the well and place the cut out cupcake piece back ontop of the jam. Press down slightly to make sure the cupcake is level.
- Now frost your cupcakes using a palette knife and top each cupcake with a doughnut.
Here's a really simple party food idea for a doughnut party – doughnut cupcakes! They're really quick and easy to make and will match our doughnut party supplies perfectly. Jelly-Filled Doughnut Cupcakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These Baked Birthday Cake Doughnuts are a great way to kick off any celebration. These Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes don't require frying and have the added bonus of vanilla These cupcakes are a little bit easier to make than the typical doughnut because you don't have to fry them… Coffee and Doughnut Cupcakes – Purveyor of sweets C&C Cakery whipped up these intense Coffee and Doughnut These Coffee and Doughnut Cupcakes Deliver an Intense Eating Experience.