Easy homemade doughnuts.
You can have Easy homemade doughnuts using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy homemade doughnuts
- Prepare 2 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of fresh warm milk.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- You need 2/3 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare of warm water.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare pinch of of salt.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
Easy homemade doughnuts step by step
- In a small bowl, add the yeast, 3 tablespoonful of flour, 5 tablespoons of warm water and mix together. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise and double and begin to form small bubbles in it. Then set aside Tip: this mixture is called a ''starter''. It shows you how active the yeast is and also kick-starts the leavening(rising) process of the dough.
- Into another large bowl, add the remaining flour, sugar and salt,mix well.
- Now add the egg, warm milk, melted butter and the yeast batter(starter). Mix thoroughly for about 10 minutes, then fold the sticky dough into a rough ball & place in a greased bowl.Cover with a clean napkin or nylon, tilt to one side and leave for about 1 hour until the dough doubles in size..
- When the dough has risen, place on a floured table; flatten with your palms and rub a little flour on the sticky flattened dough. You can also flatten with a rolling pin, but the first method yields fluffier donuts.If the dough is too sticky for your liking, you can add a little flour and fold it into the dough..
- Now using a a biscuit cutter or the wide top of a glass cup, cut the flattened dough into doughnuts rounds and use a smaller cutter or bottle cap to cut the holes..
- If you want very large donuts, you can leave the donuts to rise for another 20 minutes,I left mine for 20mins.
- Heat up the oil until very hot- about 180º C (you can do an oil test by dropping a little of the dough in the oil, to see how fast it will fry) Now fry the donuts in the oil for 1 minutes on each side. Transfer into a sieve, lined with paper towels, to absorb excess oil..
- If you desire roll the doughnuts in sugar or any glaze of your choice and enjoy..