You can cook Chicken Teriyaki using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Teriyaki
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of raw cane sugar (or brown sugar).
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce (preferably kikkoman).
- You need 3 tbsp of sake (rice vinegar or dry cherry are also acceptable).
- Prepare 1 small of chunk of garlic (ually from the tip of your thumb to where it bends).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (optional).
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs skin on.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of sesame oil.
Chicken Teriyaki step by step
- Slice chicken into bite sized pieces keeping the skin on..
- Then add the mirin, sake (anything from 1-3 tbs, adjust to taste I use roughly 2), sugar, ginger, garlic and soy to a bowl. If marinating for longer than 30 mins only add 2 tbs of soy to the mix and add the last one when you're ready to cook, otherwise it will dry the chicken out..
- Mix all together with the chicken, cover and place in fridge for at least 30 mins. Preferably longer, it's an idea to prep in the morning for the evening meal..
- Once ready to cook, place olive oil and sesame oil into fryingpan or wok and wait until hot..
- Place chicken skin side down into pan and lower the heat to medium. Leave for roughly 4 mins..
- Add the marinade from the bowl and turn over the chicken..
- Keep turning the chicken until the marinade becomes thick and shiny and coats the chicken..
- Remove from heat and serve. Goes great with rice or noodles..