Chicken soup(soto ayam). Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own.
This is Indonesia's answer to ramen. And I have a thing for noodle soups. Soto Ayam (Indonesian Clear Chicken Soup) Be the first to review this recipe. You can cook Chicken soup(soto ayam) using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken soup(soto ayam)
- Prepare 1/2 of chicken,wash and remove the skin.
- It’s 1 L of water.
- Prepare 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of cm galangal,slightly bruished.
- You need 1 of stalk lemongrass,slightly bruished.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of spring onions ,minced.
- It’s of 🐓🐓MIX IN BLENDER : 5 shallots,4 cloves garlic,2 candlenut(toasted), 1 cm turmeric, 1 cm ginger, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1 tsp salt.
- You need of 🐓🐓SERVE WITH : 1 tomato(sliced into 8 pieces). 50 grams of vermicelli noodles(boiled for 2 minutes). 100 grams of cabbage(thinly sliced). 100 grams of bean sprouts(boiled). 1 lime(cut round). fried onion. sambal chilli..
This version of the classic Indonesian chicken soup comes from the Hyatt Regency in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In the magazine, they talk about having a no RSVP soup party which is low pressure & high commitment. Soto ayam is essentially an aromatic chicken broth with rice noodles, garnishes and condiments, and while there are countless versions of this Indonesian chicken noodle soup, the Yogyakarta cook's stood out for the consommé-like clarity of the light soup and fragrant aromas from the stock. Soto Ayam is a chicken noodle soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Chicken soup(soto ayam) step by step
- Blend the spices..
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the ground spices,stir-fry until fragrant..
- Add lemongrass,bay leaves,kaffir lime leaves,galangal. Saute until wilted..
- Add wated and chicken.Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat..
- After 30 minutes passed,remove the chicken from the water and place on a plate..
- Shredded chicken meat into small pieces..
- Back to the broth,add in spring onions and simmer for 5 minutes..
- To serve,take an empty bowl,i put the noodles first,bean sprouts,cabbage,chicken,tomato slices,lime slices and then the soup broth and last sprinkle fried onion. Is so deliciuos and is very good to have chicken soup when it is cold weather like this. Bon appetit!!.
There are many adaptations and recipes of Soto Ayam in the region but I love this recipe the best. In Indonesia, this dish is called Soto Resah. The yellow-color soup is infused with coconut milk, turmeric and spices. Then add the lime juice and season with salt to taste. Drain and divide among serving bowls.