Salty Caramel Macarons.
You can have Salty Caramel Macarons using 10 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salty Caramel Macarons
- It’s 70 grams of Egg whites (about 2 medium).
- It’s 14 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 grams of Dehydrated egg whites.
- Prepare 70 grams of Almond powder.
- It’s 126 grams of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Food coloring powder.
- It’s of Other (optional):.
- It’s 1 of Walnuts + food coloring powder.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Salty Caramel Ganache.
Salty Caramel Macarons instructions
- It will be very helpful to have this groundwork sheet ready! This will be laid out under the parchment paper later on..
- I used egg whites that were left at room temperature for 3 days. It's also fine to use fresh egg whites that were frozen!.
- Set a round tip into the opening of the piping bag..
- Sift and combine the almond powder and powdered sugar. Chill in the refrigerator for later use..
- Put the egg whites, granulated sugar, and dehydrated egg whites into a bowl. Add the food coloring of your choice and beat until stiff peaks form..
- Add the chilled dry ingredients to the meringue..
- Once stirred in, perform the macaronage..
- (Macaronage) Don't rub the sides of the bowl while mixing. Scoop up the meringue from the bottom of the bowl and dribble it onto the top. Repeat this several times to mix together..
- When dribbling the mixture onto the top, if it leaves tracks that slowly blend in, it's done mixing..
- Put the mixture into the piping bag and pipe onto parchment paper, with the groundwork sheet laid under it..
- Let the piped batter dry. Once you can lightly brush your finger across the surfaces without any of the batter getting stuck to it, they are dried enough. This will be take about 20-30 minutes..
- You want it to be dry enough that nothing sticks to your finger when you push on it, but also be soft in the middle..
- After letting them dry,.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C..
- Bake for 2-3 minutes at 200°C. After 3 minutes, open the oven door to lower the temperature. Just be patient and don't rush them..
- Lower the temperature to 140°C and bake for 12 minutes. If the bottoms seem to be puffing out too much, open the door a little bit to adjust..
- Let them dry in the oven for 2 minutes. Once dried, remove them and immediately put them in the freezer! (It's helpful to prepare a cardboard box the same size as the baking try to place them in).
- After they have been in the freezer for 7 minutes, remove them. Even if the surfaces are soft, they'll slide right off the tray!.
- The "foot" of the macarons came out nicely!.
- Combine caramel, milk, and chocolate to make the salty caramel ganache..
- I topped these with walnuts crushed and made into a praline with yellow food coloring. I also topped them with just a little bit of salt..
- Even if some of the macarons didn't come out very well when baking, after they have chilled in the freezer they will easily come off the baking tray. So I think you can rest easy while making these..