You can have French Macarons using 9 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of French Macarons
- You need 1 cup of Almond Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 small of Food Coloring.
- Prepare 3 of Egg Whites.
- You need 1/3 cup of Heavy Whipped Cream.
- Prepare 1 packages of Chopped Chocolate (No Nuts or Caramel).
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
French Macarons step by step
- Sift the Almond Flour and the Powdered Sugar and Mix the two dry Ingredients in a Large Bowl..
- Get another Bowl and Pour the Egg Whites in there..
- Get Your Electric Mixer and Beat the Egg whites until it turns White and Stiff. if it's starting to get frothy, gradually add in the White Sugar..
- Make sure the Egg Whites are not Runny and Yellowish. This is the Right time to add the Food Coloring, the color of your Choice. Add more than you'd expect because the color will fade away after the Macaroons are baked.
- For the Tricky Part. If you Under mix the Batter, the results of your Macaroons will be Cracked and Ball Shaped. if it's Over Mixed, it will be a Flat disk. You want it to be Puffy and have 'Feet'. Add 1/3 Of the Dry ingredients Mixture to the Egg whites and Mix it by using the Folding Method. which is Scrapping the Side of the Bowl and Plopping the Mixture in the Middle and Mixing it a Little Bit..
- Then add the 2/3 Of the Dry ingredients Mix using the Folding Method and add the last part of the Dry ingredients. My tip is when you put in the Dry ingredients and Mix it, as soon as you can't see anymore dry ingredients, add the next batch of Dry ingredients and as soon as you reach the last third of dry ingredients, if you don't see any dry ingredients anymore, stop there..
- Because this batter can be Over Mixed so easily. Check the consistency. If it moves slowly that's the right consistency you're looking for. if the Batter has a rough looking texture, it's okay because that's how it's supposed to be..
- Put Parchment Paper on Cookie Trays..
- Put the Batter in a Piping Bag with a 1/2 inch tip. if you don't have a Piping Bag, use the Corner of a Zip lock bag..
- Put Small amount of Macaron Batter on the Parchment Paper. Just Squeeze then Pull away. I recommend that you Pipe 3 macaroons on each row and should have 4-5 Rows. The Batter must have atleast an inch of Seperation..
- Bang the Cookie Trays in the table. Atleast 8x. This Pops the air bubbles in the Batter..
- Let these Sit for about 30 minutes. This is an important step because the Macaroons will create a Hard Shell when you let it sit. If it doesn't create a hard shell, it might be because of the Humidity of the Room. let it sit in another room. While it's on its way to create a hard shell, Preheat the oven to 300°F Ferenheit..
- Touch the Macaroons. If the Batter sticks to your finger, it's not ready to be Put in the Oven Yet. But if it doesn't stick and is still kind of Soft, still let it sit. Put in the Oven if it has a hard shell. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Now for the Filing. I'm picking the Chocolate Ganache. To Make that, boil the Whipped Cream. if it's boiling, add to the Chopped Chocolate and Mix. Put the butter in the Mixture. if it's too runny, add more chocolate, let it sit or refrigirate it for a few minutes..
- When its out of the Oven let it cool and Take it off the Parchment Paper. Find 2 Macaroons with the same size and put only a little bit of filling and gently squish the Macaroons together..
- Enjoy the Macaroons!.
- FOR RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM FILLING (Read on if you want to know how to make that).
- Beat 1 Stick of Butter until its light and Fluffy..
- Add 3/4 Cups of powdered sugar and Mix..
- Get a Cup of Raspberries and Strain it. Save the Juice and throw away the seeds if you want to. Put 2-3 ships scoops of raspberry juice in the butter mixture and Mix. And You're done..