Macarons. The macaron is traditionally held to have been introduced in France by the Italian chef of queen Catherine De Medici during the Renaissance.
You can have Macarons using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macarons
- It’s 2 of egg whites, room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of powdered palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar (or palm sugar).
- It’s 3/4 cup of almond flour.
Macarons step by step
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and prepare a pastry bag.
- Sift powdered palm sugar and almond flour until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, while gradually adding the brown sugar, until they form medium peaks **Can add any liquid flavouring or colours at this time**.
- Carefully fold in the dry ingredients.
- Scrape into a pastry bag and pipe into small circles on the parchment paper.
- Lightly tap the baking sheet to flatten the macarons and let sit for 45 minutes.
- Firmly tap the baking sheet once and bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Once the macarons have cooled, pair with a similar sized macaron and fill with desired filling.