<Jouyo-Wagashi> Macaron Style.
You can cook <Jouyo-Wagashi> Macaron Style using 6 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of <Jouyo-Wagashi> Macaron Style
- It’s 40 g of Grated Yamaimo =10g Yamaimo(Japanese yam) Powder+30ml Water.
- You need 80 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 50-55 g of Jouyo-ko (fine rice flour).
- It’s 100 g of Koshi-aｎ (Red beam jam).
- You need of Jouyo-ko (fine rice flour) for dusting.
- You need of ＋Food coloring (Red).
<Jouyo-Wagashi> Macaron Style instructions
- Ingredients for 10 pieces..
- Ray a parchment sheet in the upper part of a steamer. Prepare 20 of 4㎠ parchment sheets..
- Put 30ml (≒2Tbsp) of Water into 10g of Yamaimo power (freeze-dried Japanese Yam). Mix them well. Leave it 20-30min. (It's an alternative ingredient of Grated Yamaimo.).
- Add 80g of sugar into the Yamaimo. Mix them well. Divide the mixture into 2 thirds and 1 third..
- Dissolve red food coloring in a little water and colorize the 1 third of mixture. Leave the 2 thirds without colorizing..
- Put the white Yamaimo mixture into the "Jouyo-ko(rice flour)". Mix them. Put the rice flower onto the yamaimo mixture and fold it. Mix them until the texture becomes like an earlobe. Do the same thing with the red yamaimo mixture and the rest of the rice flour..
- Divide the each dough into 10, as using dusting flour..
- Divide the each color dough of a pair into 2. Make the 1/2 white dough and the 1/2 red dough a bar shape. Put them together and twist..
- Wind it round. Put it on a parchment sheet. (Two circle doughs → A pair).
- Put these doughs in to a steamer. Spray water over them. (Put the lower part of steamer on the heat in advance and prepare.).
- Pick them out. Cool them with covering cotton cloth..
- Make 10 red beam jam balls..
- Take buns off the sheets. Squash a red bean jam ball and put it between 2 circle buns. Do the same thing and make 10 Macaron like Wagashi..