Tailgater Beer Brats with Zippy Cheese Sauce.
You can cook Tailgater Beer Brats with Zippy Cheese Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tailgater Beer Brats with Zippy Cheese Sauce
- It’s of Ingredients.
- It’s 2 of beers, 12-ounce (I use Becks).
- It’s 10 of bratwurst.
- You need 1 packages of cream cheese, 8-ounce.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of prepared horseradish.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, large chop.
- Prepare 1 can of saurekraut (I prefer Snow Floss).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of caraway seeds.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s of sea salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
Tailgater Beer Brats with Zippy Cheese Sauce instructions
- In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the 2 cans of beer to a low boil and boil the brats for 10 minutes and then set aside. If there is not enough room in the pot for all of the brats, do them in batches..
- To make the cheese sauce, reduce the heat and let the beer come to a simmer. Whisk in the cream cheese and then the cheddar cheese. At this point the sauce will be thin. Add the worchestershire sauce and the horseradish. Continue whisking occasionally and let the sauce reduce to the desired consistency..
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and caraway seeds. Cook until the onions are translucent and then add the sauerkraut. Stir to combine and let the mixture slowly caramelize..
- Throw your brats on the grill and let them brown..
- Serve the brats on a bun topped with some cheese sauce and sauerkraut-onions..