Macaroni salad (Hawaiian). Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. Macaroni salad is a staple of the Hawaii-style plate lunch. Typically scooped onto lunch plates Hawaii: Where Mac Salad is King (excerpted from "Kau Kau: Cuisine and Culture in the Hawaiian.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is so fabulously creamy and simple. This mayonnaise-based pasta salad makes a wonderful side for summer bbqs and picnics. When I travel to Hawaii, I get Macaroni Salad. You can cook Macaroni salad (Hawaiian) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macaroni salad (Hawaiian)
- It’s 2 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 2 cups of mayo.
- You need 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of macaroni.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of carrots peeled and shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery finely diced.
Hawaiian Macaroni Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad is a delicious and unique pasta salad that's generously dressed in a super creamy dressing that's both a little tangy and a little sweet. Mac salad is a staple side dish in Hawaii. Our version is unique to the islands, often a bit tangy and loaded with add-ins like kamaboko and 'ulu (breadfruit).
Macaroni salad (Hawaiian) instructions
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup mayonnaise, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside..
- In a large pot Bring 4 quarts of water to a roiling bowl. Add pasta and 1 Tablespoon of salt to the water and cook the pasta for 15 minutes, until it's fat and very soft..
- Drain pasta and pour it back into the dried pasta pot..
- Pour vinegar over pasta and stir until it's evenly distributed and absorbed. Pour pasta into a bowl and cool for 10 minutes..
- Add the milk and mayonnaise mixture and stir until evenly combined, then cool completely..
- Add the grated onions, carrots, celery, and the remaining milk and mayonnaise to the pasta and mix until evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for up to 2 days. Adjust seasoning if necessary and serve..
Today we're making an easy-to-make Hawaiian style Macaroni Salad. It's traditionally served on a lunch plate with the bold flavors of BBQ. A delicious macaroni pasta salad with ham, pineapple, shredded carrots, and green onions. It has such amazing flavor and it coated in a sweet and tangy pineapple dressing. Hawaiian Style Potato Macaroni Salad – A Hawaiian plate lunch special!