Angel Food Cake.
You can have Angel Food Cake using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Angel Food Cake
- It’s of Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- It’s of About 9 large egg whites. It is about 1 1/4 cups.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of cake flour. I use Swan brand.
- It’s 1 1/4 teaspoons of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Angel Food Cake step by step
- Put egg whites in large metal or glass bowl. Let sit to room temperature..
- Sift 1/2 cup sugar and all the flour twice. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oven rack on lowest position..
- Add cream of tartar and almond extracts and salt to egg whites..
- Beat with mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form..
- Turn mixer on high and teaspoon at a time, add remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form..
- Gradually add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time by gently folding in. Do not mix vigorously. It will deflate the egg whites..
- Spoon into ungreased bunt pan or loaf pan. Do not grease! This needs to climb sides while baking. If greased it can not rise to be fluffy..
- I use a 10 inch tube pan. Make sure your pans are big enough. This rises high when baking. I use 2 loaf pans also..
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes..
- Top should be golden brown and feel dry and crumbly..
- Test at 30 minutrs to see if baked through..
- When done, invert cake on top of glass bottle or on sides if using loaf pans. Cool completely..
- Run knife around edges of pan..
- Remove cake. Serve plain or with fruit..