Sheree's Homemade Sushi.
You can cook Sheree's Homemade Sushi using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sheree's Homemade Sushi
- Prepare of Sushi Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of SUSHI RICE…. may also say SHARI.
- It’s 3 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar… packed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 piece of nori.
- It’s of fillers.
- Prepare 1 of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of crab salad with a small amount of sirrachi.
- You need 1 of avocado.
- You need 1 of cucumber.
- It’s 1 of imitation crab sticks.
- You need 1 of shrimp.
- You need 1 of red pepper flakes.
Sheree's Homemade Sushi step by step
- I use my rice cooker for this because I haven't had luck on the stove..
- I put 1 cup of rice in my rice cooker pot. USING COLD WATER . rinse rice. Only put enough watrr to cover the rice. Swirl with hand firmly… Pour cloudy water of rice. Do the wash process 3-4 times. Water should get almost clear. Pour the water off..
- Add 2 1/4 cup water to cooker and place pot in cooker and set to cook. Once its finished let sit undisturbed for 10 minutes. If longer leave on warm..
- When ready put hot rice in glass or wooden bowl. Pour RICE VINEGAR/ SUGAR mixture over rice..
- Using wooden spoon or rice paddle gently stir from the bottom. Once its all been gently folded… Use the edge of spoon to 'slice' through and break up rice.
- Fold rice again and again break up clumps with a slicing motion..
- I put plastic wrap on top of the rice… Not over the bowl but touching the rice… This will keep it moist..
- I prepare all my ingredients that I want to use. These were made with deli crab salad with sirrachi added…. Cream cheese…. Avocado….
- I put plastic wrap on my sushi mat.. I take a piece of nori and press rice into it … Leaving 1" of space around edges. Turn nori upside down.. So that rice is on the bottom. I put plastic wrap and mat ontop and flipped it….
- I put a thin row of cream cheese…. A thin row of Crab meat salad…. And avocado….
- I picked up edge of mat and plastic wrap and start rolling. Tuck the end under the filling and squeeze lightly.. Keep rolling and lightly squeezing. Until the entire sheet of nori is finished..
- Wrap the roll in the plastic wrap firmly. Place mat over the top and squeeze roll firmly to hold it together..
- I cut into piece while roll is in the plastic… MUST BE SHARP KNIFE..
- Serve with wasabi and soy sauce.