Romanian cheese doughnuts – Papanasi. Traditional Romanian fried doughnuts – papanasi (papanash) – made with cottage cheese and topped with smetana and jam. I am not a doughnut person generally, I buy them rarely and make them myself once every five years or so, I. If you'll ask any Romanian about what traditional desserts you should try, most certainly the first answer that you'll get will definitely be papanași!
Honestly it makes me want to hop on the next plane just for this. Romanian Papanaşi is a fried cheese doughnut the hole of the doughnut is placed on top and in between it is smothered with cherry preserves and topped with confectioners sugar. PagesOtherBrandWebsiteNews and media websiteFoodbeastVideosRomanian Cheese Doughnuts (Papanasi). You can have Romanian cheese doughnuts – Papanasi using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Romanian cheese doughnuts – Papanasi
- You need of 300 gr (10 oz) cottage cheese, drained.
- It’s 80 gr (3 oz) of caster sugar.
- It’s 2 gr (1 pinch) of baking soda.
- Prepare 8 gr (1 tsp) of orange zest.
- It’s 100 gr (3.5 oz) of plain flour.
- Prepare 14 gr of (2 x.32 oz) vanilla sugar.
- It’s 2 gr (1 pinch) of salt.
- It’s of neutral flavored oil for deep fry (canola, sun flower).
Traditional Romanian fried doughnuts – papanasi (papanash) – made with cottage cheese and topped with smetana and jam. The following is a Romanian recipe for cottage cheese doughnuts, a very favorite traditional dessert made of sweet cheese, which goes by the name of papanași. This recipe is used for ordinary occasions, such as the children's dessert and it is as sweet as it is nourishing. Romanian Papanasi Recipe, or fried cheese doughnuts served with sour cream and jam, a delicious dessert that we are so proud of.
Romanian cheese doughnuts – Papanasi instructions
- Check your recipe.
- In a bowl add cottage cheese, baking soda, sugar, orange zest, vanilla sugar, eggs and 30 gr (1 oz) flour..
- Mix well. Keep 2 tbsp of flour and add the rest gradually in the bowl until the dough sticks together..
- Put the two tablespoons of flour kept on your cooking surface and pour the dough on it..
- Knead just until incorporated..
- Split the dough in 4 even pieces..
- Shape the doughnuts; about 8 cm (3 inches) disc-shaped and cut out the center..
- Shape the dough from cutting the center into balls..
- Pour the oil in a pan and properly heat it..
- Deep fry the doughnuts at medium temperature 175°C (275°F), 4 minutes on each side..
- Drain the doughnuts on a paper towel..
- Put one hot doughnut on a plate, garnish with one tablespoon of sour cream, put one ball over and garnish with a teaspoon of preferred jam..
You will find papanasi in any Romanian restaurant, and anywhere else where traditional Romanian food is served. As a nation, we love cheese, and cow's cheese is. Reteta de papanasi prajiti este una dintre preferatele mele. Stiu ca spun asta la multe dintre retetele mele, insa am foarte multe retete care imi plac, iar aceasta este una dintre ele. Stiu ca am mai facut o data papanasi, dar am revenit cu o reteta video noua, imbunatatita si mult mai bine explicata.