Turkey Frame Soup. Turkey Frame Vegetable Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Place in large Dutch oven with water, onion and salt. The amounts shown are a guideline.
In a soup pot, combine turkey frame, herbs and stock. Strain broth, removing all herb sprigs, bones and cartilage, skin etc. Simmering up a big pot of this soup is one of my favorite holiday traditions. You can have Turkey Frame Soup using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Frame Soup
- Prepare 8 cup of water.
- It’s 1 large of onion, quartered.
- It’s 2 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 stick of celery, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 12 of black peppercorns.
- It’s 4 stick of parsely sprigs.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 cup of egg noodles.
- You need 1 tbsp of chicken bouillion granules.
- It’s 15 oz of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 3 cup of celery, carrots, parsnips, onion, mushrooms, peas (any combination).
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 of meaty turkey frame.
This is a variation on a recipe my mom made while I was growing up. Turkey Soup From Carcass Turkey Rice Soup Leftover Turkey Soup Turkey Frame Soup Recipe Thanksgiving Soups Paleo Soup Beautiful Soup Soup Kitchen Warm Food. Turkey Frame Vegetable Soup, recipe, Place turkey carcass in a large pot over high heat. Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts.
Turkey Frame Soup instructions
- Break up turkey frame and place in Dutch oven. Add water, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, parlsey, peppercorns, bay leaves, thyme and bouillion, and bring to a boil over high heat..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for about 90 minutes..
- Remove turkey pieces and allow to cool. Remove meat from bones and cut or shred into bite-sized pieces..
- Strain the stcok through a sieve or colander lined with cheesecloth into another large pot. Discard solids..
- Allow stock to cool while preparing vegetables. Skim fat from top..
- Stir in vegetables and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes..
- Stir in egg noodles and simmer an additional 8-10 minutes..
- Stir in turkey meat and simmer until heated through. Serve!.
Try this Turkey Frame Bean Soup recipe, or contribute your own. Add to soup with corn, celery, carrots and turnips. Remove turkey frame; when cool enough to handle, cut off meat and coarsely chop. Combine pasta and soup in bowl and serve. Turkey Noodle Soup from Delish.com is the perfect way to use up any leftover turkey after Thanksgiving.