Chicken Tikka Masala.
You can cook Chicken Tikka Masala using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Masala
- It’s 1 kg of Boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 5-6 of garlic cloves finely grated.
- You need 3 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- It’s tsp of Ground Cumin2.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Plain curd.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Tomato puree.
- Prepare 4-5 of Cardamom pods 4-5.
- Prepare 3 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro.
Chicken Tikka Masala step by step
- First make marinate for chicken by combining garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, and cumin in a small bowl..
- Whisk yogurt, salt, and half of spice mixture in a medium bowl; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and chill minimum 4 hours. Cover and chill remaining spice mixture..
- Heat ghee in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, tomato paste and cardamom to cook, until tomato paste has darkened and onion is soft..
- Add remaining half of spice mixture and cook, stirring often, until bottom of pot begins to brown..
- Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often and cook until sauce thickens..
- Add cream and chopped cilantro. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 30-40 minutes..
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Arrange chicken on rack in a single layer. Broil until chicken starts to blacken in spots..
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, add to sauce, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Serve with rice and cilantro sprigs..