Chocolate Angel Food Cake with White and Dark Chocolate Glaze. A drizzling of rich chocolate glaze lends an elegant touch and will keep guests wanting more. Add cream of tartar, vanilla and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Remove cake to a serving plate.
A delicious deep chocolate cake recipe with dark chocolate glaze. This cake is the perfect dessert for a chocolate lover. Joshua John Russell makes a White Chocolate Mirror Glaze Cake. You can cook Chocolate Angel Food Cake with White and Dark Chocolate Glaze using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Angel Food Cake with White and Dark Chocolate Glaze
- It’s of CAKE.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of egg whites, about 12 to 14 large eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- You need of DARK CHOCOLATE,GLAZE.
- You need 6 oz of dark chocolate, chopped. Not more than 60%.
- You need 2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- You need of WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- It’s 6 oz of white chocolate, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare of GARNISH.
- You need of fresh raspberries.
- You need of whipped cream recipe attached in dorection step #12.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sparkle sugar.
Our favorite fat free chocolate cake recipe that's fluffy and light. Ok so I am bias, angel food is my favorite dessert ever and it reminds me of my childhood every time I make it. BUT adding chocolate takes it from good to. Excellent angel food cake with a satisfying chocolate flavor.
Chocolate Angel Food Cake with White and Dark Chocolate Glaze step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Have rack.in center of oven. Have ready a 10 inch ungreased tube pan..
- Have egg whites in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap.Meanwhile combine flour, 3/4 cup.of the granulated sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Sift this mixture trough a sifter or fine mesh strainer into a bowl Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then add cream.of tarter, vanilla and remaining 3/4 cup granulated sugar, adding the sugar in slowly and beat until firm peaks form.
- Add sifted flour/cocoa mixture to egg whites in 4 additions folding in throughly but gently being careful not to deflate. Use a rubber spatula.
- Pour into tube pan. Run a metal kitchen knife through batter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes until a long wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Immediately turn upside down on a,bottle or smooth top.glass,.cool.completely about 1 hour.
- Run a thin sharp knife along all.walls of pan, including center to release cake..
- MAKE DARK CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Melt chopped chocolate and cream in microwave just until chocolate is soft, stir until smooth.Drizzle on cake while warm and liquid..
- MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Melt the white chocolate and cream until soft, stir until smooth. Drizzle on top and around the dark chocolate drizzle add Sparkle sugar and raspberries. Serve with Whipped cream, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343417-stabilized-whipped-cream-for-frosting-topping-and-dipping.
When completely cool, drizzle cake with Chocolate Glaze. Chocolate Glaze: Combine all ingredients in bowl. Chocolate Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and cocoa in small bowl; stir in vanilla and enough milk to make glaze consistency. These mini chocolate cakes are rich, delicious, and made extra fancy by being doused in white chocolate glaze. The cake and ganache recipes are Use a ladle to pour glaze over each cake.