You can have Pulled Pork using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork
- Prepare 5-6 lbs of pork shoulder or butt.
- Prepare 1 of medium white or yellow onion, sliced into half moons.
- It’s of Dry rub, recipe follow.
- Prepare of Tap water.
- You need 1-2 bottles of bbq sauce, such as Dinosaur Barbeque original.
- It’s of Dry rub.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Pulled Pork instructions
- Dry the pork on all sides with a paper towel. Mix dry rub ingredients together in a bowl, then sprinkle on all sides of the pork and massage into meat..
- Allow meat to come to room temp on the counter for about 1 hour. Add the sliced onions to the slow cooker, then add the pork, fat side up. Fill the slow cooker 3/4 full with water. Cover with lid and cook on low 8-12 hours or high for 4-6 hours. Turning once half way through..
- Remove the meat and onions from the crock pot with tongs. Discard the cooking liquid. Shred the meat and return meat and onions back to crock pot. Add 1 bottle of bbq sauce and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or more..
- Serve on top of potato buns with extra bbq sauce to taste. Goes well with green apple coleslaw..