You can have Homemade Donuts using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Donuts
- Prepare of Starter Dough :.
- You need 425 grams of bread flour.
- You need 325 ml of warm milk (about 110°F).
- It’s 60 grams of sugar.
- It’s 15 gram of active dry yeast.
- It’s of Main Dough :.
- Prepare 100 grams of bread flour.
- Prepare 30 gram of powdered milk.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 10 gram of salt.
- It’s 60 grams of shortening.
Homemade Donuts step by step
- Mix sugar and milk. Stir. Sprinkle the yeast over and let stand for 5 minutes, or until foamy. Add in the flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combine..
- Cover the dough and let it to prove for 1 hour at room temperature..
- Place the starter dough into a heavy duty mixer bowl with the main dough ingredients except shortening. Knead with dough hook attachment until well combine. Add in shortening and continue knead till form smooth and elastic dough..
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it and let it to prove for 1 hour or until double in size..
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured donut cutter. Put the donuts on a floured baking sheet. Cover with a kitchen towel/cling wrap, and let rise in a warm place until they are slightly puffed up, about 30 minutes..
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy skillet to 350°F. Slide donuts into the hot oil using a wide spatula. Turn donuts over as they rise to the surface. Fry donuts on each side until golden brown. Remove from hot oil, to drain on a wire rack..
- Glaze as you like. My 5 year old son cut the dough and dipped the donuts into the chocolate glaze and added his favorite stuff, sprinkles!!.