Lemon Curd for Macarons.
You can cook Lemon Curd for Macarons using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Curd for Macarons
- You need 46 grams of Egg.
- Prepare 44 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 26 grams of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/2 grams of Lemon zest.
- It’s 65 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 20 grams of ※ Almond flour (if using as a macaron filling).
Lemon Curd for Macarons instructions
- Assemble the ingredients. Bring the butter to room temperature..
- Put the sugar and lemon zest in a bowl and rub together with your hands to mix..
- Put the egg, lemon juice, and sugar in a heatproof bowl and mix. Put on a double boiler and continue mixing with a whisk..
- When it becomes just a bit softer than custard (about 83℃), remove from the heat and continue mixing..
- Keep mixing until it reaches about 60℃ (140℉), then add the butter one tablespoon at a time. Mix with an electric mixer as you go..
- Keep mixing for about 5 more minutes, then you're done. Transfer to an airtight container, wrap with plastic wrap, and let cool. When cooled, store in the refrigerator overnight..
- If using for a macaron filling, add the almond flour the next day, then fill the macarons..
- Use it to fill lemon-flavored macarons!.
- Here's a recipe for Lemon Macarons.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/150791-rich-bitter-chocolate-macarons.