Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
You can have Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 8 oz of canned crushed pineapple, undrained.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of mashed bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter or margarine, softened.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
- You need 16 oz of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting instructions
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs & oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, & bananas..
- Pour into greased 13×9 pan. Bake in 350 degrees oven for 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Can put in 3 greased & floured 9 inch cake pans, but only bake for 23-28 minutes..
- Let cool completely before frosting..
- For frosting: cream butter & cream cheese together. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until light & fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Spread over top of cake. If doing layers, spread between layers, up sides, & over top..
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 cup chopped pecans..