Ladybirds Chicken Tikka Masala.
You can have Ladybirds Chicken Tikka Masala using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Chicken Tikka Masala
- It’s 2 large of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/4 cup of greek yogurt.
- You need 2 tbsp of peanut oil.
- You need 2 tsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 clove of garlic – crushed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh , chopped lemon balm or coriander.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cardamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of peeled and grated fresh ground ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of white onion – finely chopped.
- You need 400 grams of tin whole peeled tomatoes / 1&1/2 cups.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream or half half.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander.
- It’s 1 of few sprigs of fresh lemon balm or coriander.
Ladybirds Chicken Tikka Masala instructions
- Cut the chicken into small strips ..
- In a small bowl , whisk together the yogurt , 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil , the lime juice and the garlic then add the chicken pieces and rub and mix the Marinade all over the chicken pieces to coat all thoroughly , set aside , covered for about 10-15 minutes ..
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon balm , cumin , cardamon , nutmeg , paprika , cayenne pepper and the grated ginger , and set aside till needed for the sauce ..
- Add the remaining peanut oil to a large non stick frying pan/skillet and heat over medium heat , once the oil is hot add the chicken pieces and cook , stirring occasionally , until the chicken pieces are just cooked , once the chicken pieces are just cooked remove them from the frying pan and set aside until needed in the sauce ..
- In a large wide heavy non stick frying pan , over medium high heat , melt the butter till just starting to sizzle , then add the onions and saute , stirring occasionally , until the onions are tender and lightly browned and Caramelized , about 3-5 minutes ..
- Now reduce the heat to medium then stir in the prepared spice and ginger mixture and cook for a minute or two to release the flavours , then add the prepared cooked chicken pieces , the peeled tin tomatoes , water , heavy cream and the salt and bring it to the boil , once starts to oil reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and gently simmer the sauce , uncovered , until it thickens slightly , about 10-15 minutes ..
- After the sauce has reduced , remove the pot from the heat and stir in the black pepper and chopped coriander and season to taste with salt ..
- Once all is cooked , garnish , Serve hot , with noodles or rice or sides of your choice . enjoy . :-).
- NOTE : sauce can be prepared ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days . Marinated chicken pieces can also be prepared ahead , cooked , covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days . You can also make your own tomato puree if preferred ..