Chicken Tikka Masala.
You can have Chicken Tikka Masala using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Masala
- Prepare 1.5 lb of chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- You need .5 tsp of salt.
- Prepare .5 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 5 oz of plain yogurt.
- You need of sauce:.
- Prepare .5 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh ginger, minced or 1 tsp ground ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of tandoori masala.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of basmati rice, for serving.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of peas, if desired.
Chicken Tikka Masala instructions
- Cut up chicken and put in 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and garam masala. Coat chicken mixture with yogurt. Cover with foil and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably over night..
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Bake chicken for 30 minutes, or until pieces reach 165 F. Check temp after 25 minutes and stir. Remove foil for the last few minutes of cook time if necessary..
- Cook rice. Mince garlic and ginger..
- Heat a deep saucepan on medium. Add butter, garlic, and ginger. Fry for 30 seconds, then add tomato paste until desired color and flavor is achieved. Wisk while cooking for 1 minute..
- Add tandoori masala and garam masala and cook an additional 30 seconds..
- Wisk in chicken cooking liquid. Then add cream and wisk until smooth..
- Add cooked chicken to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Add frozen peas during the last few minutes of cook time, if desired..
- Serve over cooked rice..