Chili Con Carne.
You can cook Chili Con Carne using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Con Carne
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 500 g of mince beef.
- You need 1 of large onion, peeled and diced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 of Bell pepper, diced.
- You need 2 of fresh chillies.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 150 ml of red wine.
- It’s 200 ml of hot water.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- It’s 1 can of chopped tomatoes can (400g can).
- It’s 1/2 of dried marjoram.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans (410g can).
Chili Con Carne step by step
- Brown the mince beef over a medium heat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Then remove onto a plate and set aside..
- Using the same pan heat it over a medium heat with olive oil..
- Add in the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion becomes lightly translucent..
- Next add in the garlic, Bell pepper, paprika, cumin and chillies..
- Stir well and cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Turn the heat up slightly and add the mince back to the pan. Keep the pan hot enough so it fries rather than stews in juices. Stir regularly so it doesn't burn..
- Dissolve the beef stock to 200ml of hot water..
- Next add the stock and wine to the pan..
- Next add in the tomato can, then the marjoram, oregano, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Add in the tomato puree then stir well..
- Simmer gently over a medium heat. Allow it to come to a boiling point then stir well and reduce the heat again to a medium-low heat. Allow the meat and sauce to bubble gently for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick and creamy looking. Stir occasionally. If at any point the sauce starts to dry out add a few tablespoons at a time..
- Next drain and rinse under running water the can of kidney beans and add them to the pan. Remove lid and bring the pan again to a gentle simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add a little more water if the sauce is looking dry..
- Taste the chilli. Season with salt and pepper if needed..
- Cover with the lid and let it rest for 10 minutes..
- Serve with boiled rice and sour cream..