Curry Chilli Con Carne.
You can cook Curry Chilli Con Carne using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curry Chilli Con Carne
- Prepare 500 g of Lean Beef Mince.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of Capsicum *cut to small pieces.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- You need 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Hot Chilli Powder OR Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of Curry Powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Beef Stock *OR 1 cup Water & 1 Beef Stock Cube.
- Prepare 1 of Canned Diced Tomatoes *400g.
- Prepare 1 of Canned Kidney Beans *410g.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Garam Masala.
Curry Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Onion, Garlic and Capsicum for a few minutes, add Beef Mince and cook until Beef changes colour..
- Add Chilli Powder, Curry Powder and Flour and mix to combine. *Note: Flour is to thicken the sauce. You can add Tomato Paste instead of Flour..
- Add Beef Stock and Tomatoes, and stir well. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Drain the canned Kidney beans and add to the pan. Stir to combine and season with Salt but the amount of Salt depends on the saltiness of the stock and beans. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally as it is easy to get burnt..
- Just before remove from heat, add Garam Masala and mix well. Serve with freshly cooked rice. This time, I served with ‘Turmeric Rice’. Find my ‘Turmeric Rice’ recipe at http://www.hirokoliston.com/turmeric-rice/.