Chili con Carne. At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits The Spanish phrase "chili con carne" means chili with meat, but both chili and chili. You call it Chili, we call it Chilli Con Carne.
Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to "Chili with Meat", and as generic as that sounds, it is filled with fantastic flavor. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños, tomatoes, and lime juice. You can have Chili con Carne using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili con Carne
- You need of Beans.
- It’s 16 oz of Dried Small Pink Beans (1 bag).
- Prepare 1 can of 14.5oz Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of 15oz Black Beans.
- You need of Meat.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of 1/4 " Cube-Cut Steak.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Grape Seed Oil.
- It’s of Seasonings.
- You need 1 large of Onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 can of 6oz Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mixed Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mexican Oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of Hungarian Paprika (regular paprika if you don't have Hungarian).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea Salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Pepper (to taste).
- You need 1 tbsp of Grape Seed Oil.
Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This delicious recipe is great served with rice or on its own for a lighter lunch. Best Chili Recipe for Slow Cooker – How to Make Chili Con Carne – Video Recipes for Truckers. This easy chilli con carne recipe has loads of flavour but uses mainly store cupboard ingredients.
Chili con Carne step by step
- Rinse, sort & soak dried beans overnight. If you can't soak overnight, boil for 2 to 3 mins in 2 quarts of UNSALTED water, take off heat and let soak for 1 hour. Drain & rinse..
- Add beans, both soaked and canned, as well as the diced tomatoes to a 6 quart pot with 1 1/2 quarts of UNSALTED water and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce to high simmer (between 3 & 4 out of 10). Cover..
- Heat a10"skillet until just starting to smoke a little and add the grape seed oil. Make sure bottom is coated, then add cube-cut steak and brown. Add meat to beans..
- Add more grape seed oil. Saute diced onion until soft then add all seasonings and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, until tomato paste turns the color of a red brick (adding a small amount of water if it sticks). Add entire mixture to beans..
- Stir until completely mixed together, cover & cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add a small amount of water, 1 cup at a time, if it gets too thick too quickly..
- You can use beef broth or vegetable broth instead of water, but I didn't have any yesterday so I used water. My son and I added some Louisiana style hot sauce, but Tobasco works too. I served brown rice with it, but white rice & yellow rice work too. The key to cooking is being willing and able to adapt any recipe to fit your mood and pantry! ;-).
Serve with rice, on jacket potatoes or nachos. Basic Chili Con Carne With Beef and Beans. Click Play to See This Chili con Carne Recipe Come Together. This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. One bite and you'll see why it's Betty's Best!