Chili con Carne. At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits The Spanish phrase "chili con carne" means chili with meat, but both chili and chili. You call it Chili, we call it Chilli Con Carne.
Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to "Chili with Meat", and as generic as that sounds, it is filled with fantastic flavor. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños, tomatoes, and lime juice. You can cook Chili con Carne using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili con Carne
- You need 1 lb of Lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 14 1/2 oz of can Diced tomatoes undrained.
- Prepare 8 oz of can Tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 16 oz of can Kidney or pinto beans rinsed and drained if desired.
Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This delicious recipe is great served with rice or on its own for a lighter lunch. Best Chili Recipe for Slow Cooker – How to Make Chili Con Carne – Video Recipes for Truckers. This easy chilli con carne recipe has loads of flavour but uses mainly store cupboard ingredients.
Chili con Carne instructions
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic in 3QT sauce pan over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally unitl beef is browened. Then drain..
- Stir in remaining ingredients except beans. Heat to boiling then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in beans. Heat to boiling then reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally until you reach your desired thickness..
- I like to used fire roasted diced tomatoes and throw in a few fresh sliced jalapenos for some heat. Top with some sharp chedder and enjoy!.
Serve with rice, on jacket potatoes or nachos. Basic Chili Con Carne With Beef and Beans. Click Play to See This Chili con Carne Recipe Come Together. This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. One bite and you'll see why it's Betty's Best!