Black and White Cake.
You can have Black and White Cake using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black and White Cake
- Prepare 1/2 of recipe (1 layer) White Cake (I use the silver cake recipe from my profile).
- It’s 1/2 of recipe (1 layer) chocolate cake. (I use the Chocolate Cake recipe from my profile).
- It’s 1 of whole recipe Leah's Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- Prepare 1 of Chocolate Fondant (also on my profile).
- It’s 1 of Basic Rolled Fondant (another recipe from my profile).
Black and White Cake instructions
- Cut each layer in half. Reserve 1 half of each layer..
- Apply chocolate frosting to top of 1 white half and 1 chocolate half..
- Place the reserved white half on top of the frosted white half. Place the reserved chocolate half on top of the frosted chocolate half..
- Coat the cut side straight edges of each half with chocolate frosting..
- Push both halves together to form one whole round cake..
- Cover the entire cake worth chocolate frosting, place a toothpick one the white side to mark it, then set aside..
- Form the chocolate fondant into a semi-circle. Then, form the basic fondant into another semi circle..
- Push the 2 halves together to form one circle..
- Place the fondant circle on a flexible mat or surface. Roll out the circle of fondant to 1/4 inch thickness..
- Carefully use the mat to roll the fondant over the cake. Be sure to match the white fondant to the white half of the cake..
- Trim the excess fondant.