Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken.
You can cook Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size bits.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/3 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar or honey.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of sriracha.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of water.
- Prepare of Possible Garnishes :.
- Prepare of ·Sesame Seeds.
- It’s of ·Scallions.
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken instructions
- For the sauce, in a medium bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, sriracha and sesame oil. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water to form a slurry. Set aside..
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken breast chunks to the skillet and season them with salt and pepper..
- Cook until they are completely cooked throughout, about 5-7 minutes..
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the skillet and allow it to come to a simmer. Then stir in the cornstarch slurry. Simmer, stirring, for 2-4 minutes, until the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon..
- Remove from heat and serve, garnished with sesame seeds and scallions, if you'd like..