Beef Chili Con Carne over Baked Potato.
You can cook Beef Chili Con Carne over Baked Potato using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Chili Con Carne over Baked Potato
- It’s 500 grams of Minced Beef.
- You need 2 medium of Onions chopped small.
- Prepare 2 medium of Carrots chopped small.
- Prepare 50 grams of Red kidney beans.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic Crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 2 can of Chopped Tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red Sweet pepper chopped small.
- You need 1/2 of Green sweet oepper chopped small.
- It’s 2 of Beef Stock Cubes.
- You need 1 can of water (use tomato can).
- Prepare 4 large of Baking potatoes.
Beef Chili Con Carne over Baked Potato instructions
- In a heavy skillet, add the oil, and then onions, carrots, and peppers. Fry for about 7 mins stirring often..
- Add the garlic, cumin,cinnamon, chili snd salt and pepper. Fry for a minute mixing it well..
- Add the cans of tomatoes and 1 can of water, 2 beef cubes, stir all in. Then add the minced beef stir well, transfer to a heavy sauce pan and simmer for an hour, stir occasionally..
- For the last 30 mins of cooking, bake the four potatoes in the microwave with skins on and washed. If using the oven wrap them in foil and put in the oven before you start the chili beef, as they take an hour in the oven..
- When potatoes and chili beef are done, put baked potatoes on a plate, slice through but not right through in a cross shape, from top to bottom then left to right half way..
- With the chili beef, ladle it in the potatoes, bulging over the sides, and add a little fresh coriander chopped on top for decoration and the lovely smell, and serve hot..
- You can also have chili con carne with long grain rice or fries, or a bit of both.