Veg chilli con carne. This meatless (aka vegan) chili proves that you can still enjoy your favourite meals, but in a new, animal friendly way. The lentils and beans ensure the chili is hearty and filling, while the peppers, onion and corn give it that real chili con carne feel. I use frozen veg too, which makes this an incredibly cheap but nutritious meal.
Chili con carne (also spelled chilli con carne or chile con carne and shortened to chili or chilli Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtʃili kon ˈkaɾne]), meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans. Today I'm going back to basics and re-making an old favourite: Chilli Con Carne. Last month, I posted a round-up of easy vegan And if you want to make it extra easy, you can buy ready-prepared soffrito mixes at the supermarket, either in the fresh veg or frozen section. You can have Veg chilli con carne using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veg chilli con carne
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of medium size chopped onion.
- Prepare 2-3 of chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 inch of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of arabbiata souce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chilli sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized chopped tomato.
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped veggies like capsicum, corn, carrot, beans.
- You need of Or baingan, kaddu, gobhi, turai, lauki jo bhi apko pasand ho.
- You need 1/4 cup of socked peanuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiled rajma.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiled soya chunks.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s As needed of Parsley for garnishing.
What diets is this Chilli Con Carne suitable for? This recipe is suitable if you're gluten free as long as you swap out the following ingredients for gluten free versions Most of the ingredients in this recipe are store cupboard essentials – tins of tomatoes, kidney beans and some vegetables from the fridge. A steaming bowl of smoky chilli con carne is hard to beat. Take a look at our delicious chilli recipe, & find lots more family meals, at Tesco Real Food.
Veg chilli con carne instructions
- Pan mein oil garamkarke onion, garlic, ginger ko 1 minute bhune..
- Arabbiata souce ya pasta souce, chilli sauce, ketchup, chilli powder dalkar 2 minutes bhune..
- Tomato ko chop karke add karein. Mix karke dhakkar oil masale se alag hone tak pakaye..
- Ab chopped veggies dalkar mix karein. bhigoyi hui Moongfali, soya chunks dalkar mix karein. 4 cup pani aur namak dalkar Ubal ane par gas slow karke 20 se 30 minutes simmer hone dein. Parsley ya dhaniya patti se garnish karein. Olive focaccia bread ya rice ke sath serve karein..
Jamie says: "Add a bag of mixed frozen veg to your chilli and mash with a masher to up flavour, up texture, up nutrition and make it go further." This is a really easy chilli con carne recipe. It has loads of flavour even though it uses mostly store cupboard ingredients. You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies or adding a pinch of dried chilli flakes. This chilli con carne is vegetarain, gluten free and low in calories. Chili con carne with a healthy twist.