Crazy Cake. This cake was popular during the Depression, and does not have eggs in it. This recipe also goes by the name of "Wacky Cake". This crazy cake is a gluten free chocolate cake made with no eggs, no butter and no chopped chocolate—but it's still super moist and tender.
Cake is one of those classic desserts that you can't get enough of. Crazy Cakes takes viewers behind the scenes at bakeries across America that are creating the craziest cakes imaginable. From gravity-defying wedding cakes to life-size animal replicas, we'll see. You can have Crazy Cake using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crazy Cake
- It’s of Cake Ingredients:.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil (or canola oil).
- You need 1 tbsp. of white vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need of Icing Ingredients:.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of water.
- You need 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of salt.
Crazy cake also known as Wacky Cake & Depression Cake – No Eggs, Milk, Butter, Bowls or Mixers! How to Make Crazy Cake or Wacky Cake. This is literally the easiest chocolate cake that you are ever going to make. I swear that every Girl Guide has made this at one point or another as you can take.
Crazy Cake step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8" glass baking pan and set it aside (if you have an aluminum pan, line it with parchment paper to avoid a metallic taste)..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Create a well in the center and add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir it all together until just combined and the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool it before frosting..
- For the icing: whisk together all the icing ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. It should be thick and fudgy, but still spreadable. If it's too thick, add more water 1 tsp at a time until you get the right consistency. Once the cake is completely cooled, gently spread the icing over the top, then slice the cake into squares and serve..
Crazy Cakes has a method that I wish all reality shows would adopt. They don't have phony drama, there's no badly written and badly acted script. This cinnamon spice crazy cake is an amazing fall cake recipe! Also called a wacky cake and made without eggs, milk or butter. This is our family's favorite fall cinnamon cake because it's so easy!